Friday, April 4, 2014

Ube Cheesecake


I love ube and cheesecake so naturally, I thought a combo of the two would be amazing and it was! :)

I used a basic cheesecake recipe for this and simply added ube. It turned out very delicious, but next time, I will use MORE UBE! It was
very subdued so I think maybe 2 tablespoons would work better ;) Ube is also naturally purple so you will get a beautiful color when you make it.




Crust
an 11 oz box of Nilla wafers (crush in a food processor)
1/3 cup of melted butter

Mix wafers and butter and spread onto an 8 inch springform pan


Cheesecake filling

4 packages of full fat and softened cream cheese
1 cup of sugar
2 tsp ube extract (I will increase to 2 tbs next time because 2 tsp wasn't enough for my ube obsession)!
4 eggs

Beat cream cheese, sugar on low speed. Add eggs one at a time, still on low speed. Finally, add ube extract.

Pour the mixture onto the crust. Bake for 55 minutes at 300F if using a nonstick or dark pan; 325F for all others. Refrigerate and it will be ready to serve in about 3 hours.


Ube buttercream frosting

1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of confectioner's sugar
1 tsp ube extract
1 tbs milk



1 comment:

  1. These are so beautiful!!! I love your blog and your creations!! This Yaneri aka NurseGreenEyesRN on Instagram! :D

    ReplyDelete